Thursday, May 31, 2007

A whole month

A whole month has gone by and not a post from me. This is been an amazingly busy time of the year. The new baby dog is getting bigger and bigger. She is presenting us with more than her share of challenges. (Housetraining and a more determined attitude than we had expected) I'm not sure what we expected. (I'm also not sleeping too much due to the fact that the girl gets up at 5:00 a.m.

My wonderful little boy graduated from preschool this month with all the pomp and circumstance that is entailed. Cap and gown or rather cap and t-shirt. It was one of the most adorable things I had ever seen. (I know, I'm his mom.) Mom's are supposed to feel this way. I didn't even feel guilty about having the best seat with the best view of him.

Anyway, the knitting has been horrible. One pair of socks and a baby hat is the sum total of the month of May I just realized that I haven't taken a picture of the baby hat (I will include later).


The socks were hard. Harder than they had to bee. I'm really not good at the heel. I can do the regular heel, but these and the one of Fanny was really hard for me to do. The wrapping and turning made it really difficult.

Yarn: Crystal Palace Bunny Hop
Pattern: Speckled Rib Socks
Needles: US 5

Here I am complaining about socks that are knit on size 5 needles. They should have taken me a day instead of a month. I've casted on a shawl and I'm going to try some lace. I'd post pics but it just looks like nothing now.

Baby hat to come....more posts soon

No comments: