Thursday, August 26, 2010

Transitions

Summer is almost over and I am conflicted. It has been a hard on all of us. But now we have to send the kids back to school and although they need to spend time learning and with their friends, I will miss them. August is vacation time, family time, time spent playing games and finding ways to beat the heat. Fast, delicious dinners from the grill and gorgeous fruits and vegetables. August is when we take our vacation and take the time to reconnect with each other. Long, lazy days.

But now we are on to school and September and what I consider to be the start of the new year. I know that it comes in January but to me the real start of the year is in September. New school supplies, new clothes, endless possibilities. So even though I am sad that summer is ending, I am uplifted by the newness of September.

So with September and the changes that have occurred in my life, I have spent much of these last two weeks, reorganizing almost every inch of my house. Cleaning out my kitchen to prepare for new counter tops and quilting. I will have finished pictures soon.

For now, here is an image of summer.

No comments: