Saturday, April 28, 2007

Here is the dog update

We were approved to adopt and we have been waiting to find out about availability for the dog that I had fallen hopelessly in love with. I would visit her picture every morning on the Internet after spending the night before dreaming of our long walks together. Her name was Pearl. How perfect.

Anyway...in the last week a lot of "Adoption Pending" tags were put up on the website and I prayed that Pearl would be spared. (I know I'm being dramatic, what did you expect.) Pearl is being adopted by someone else.

There is hope for another dog, or so we thought. A 5 1/2 month old female. I got excited, waited for pictures and now the person who has the dog thinks she might want to give her to someone else. I don't think I can take much more of this. This is worse than dating!!! (Will he call, won't he call, does he like me?)

I'm trying to be patient. I'm making the people at the rescue organization laugh. At least I think they are laughing...

In the meantime here are some more socks.



Pattern: Fanny from Socktopia (It is a really cook KAL)
Yarn: Cascade Fixation (the elastic was a little tricky)
Needles: Knitpicks US3 (One of which broke halfway through sock #2. Knitpicks is replacing it)

Keep a good thought for the puppy and me.

1 comment:

Dipsy Doodle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems and disappointments you've been having with adopting a puppy - I'm sending over lots of good thoughts and positive vibes that you'll get a cute little dog very, very soon!
And I love the socks you've been doing, they're so pretty!